Situated in the heart of Mykonos, in the traditional village of Ano Mera, Koukoumi was created to be a peaceful sanctuary. A vegan will feel at home here and every one can try out an alternative and peaceful way of being, satisfying at the same time all their senses.
Respecting the principles of Authenticity, Simplicity and Balance, Koukoumi offers an impeccable standard of service, while allowing the guest to lie back, relax and enjoy a healthy and harmonious accomodation.
- The solar water heater is the simplest and best-known solar appliance. They use the power of sunlight to create heat while cutting down on electricity costs. They reach high temperatures very quickly, saving money and energy.
- A Vegan diet is natural, cruelty free and complete. It is a sensible choice for a healthy lifestyle. Fruit, vegetables, legumes, grains, seeds and nuts presented in balanced combinations contain all the necessary nutritious elements that cater for the needs of every person from every culture or religion.
- They created their own compost heap. In this way, kitchen leftovers but also leaves and grass can be recycled. They collect them in a compost bin designed to hasten decomposition with the help of beneficial microorganisms without releasing methane -a potent greenhouse gas.
- Compost becomes a mild natural fertilizer, that won’t burn plants like chemical fertilizers. The soil returning to the ground is enriched with organic matter and valuable nutrients which will improve plant growth supporting their health and fertility.
- Use a Compact System of Biological Wastewater treatment according to the latest legislation on wastewater management. Sewage Water is recycled.
- The water comes out pure and clean and returns back to nature since it is used to water the garden.
- Collect the water in underground tanks and filter it in three stages:
- Mechanical filter to remove solid waste. Carbon filter for odor control.
- Airing with oxygen & use of bacteria enhance the process of purification.
- Clarification & chlorine disinfection.
- Use eco-effective professional cleaning & care products. The Green Care Professional range has obtained the EU Ecolabel. The complete range guarantees a holistic sustainable cleaning approach for: sanitary rooms, surfaces, floors, glass surfaces.
- The materials are safe for humans and environment. The ingredients are biodegradable. Packaging can be recycled. Manufacturer uses non-polluting, renewable energy sources. Water quality and supplies are protected and enriched. Company is committed to advanced social and environmental justice as well as biodiversity.
Restaurant & Bar
Land in Mykonos International Airport and take a 15 minute ride to the hotel.
Mykonos is a typical mediterranean island with mild, rainy winters and sunny summers. From June to September, temperature ranges from 20°C to 30°C while February average temperatures is 11°C.
Good to Know
Koukoumi is the first vegan hotel in Greece. Vegetables are fresh and come from trusted suppliers, and tailor made nutritional programs in collaboration with the personal trainer are available.
Koukoumi Spa is a heaven of relaxation where you can rejuvenate yourself and unwind with soothing massages, healing treatments for face & body or by using the sauna.