The Alpina Gstaad
The Alpina Gstaad
An exclusive resort set on a hillside, the hotel overlooks a Swiss ski village filled with classic chalets. Gstaad’s pristine valley is surrounded by spectacular Alpine views. Since its opening on the first of December 2012, The Alpina Gstaad upholds a global standard of refinement and elegance in the 5-star category. Known for its authentic architecture, local crafts, gardens and art collection, The Alpina is home to the highest expressions of Swiss design.
The Alpina offers on-site Michelin-starred restaurants, a wine cellar containing over 1’700 selections, and a range of services to experience.
The property hosts the only Six Senses Spa in Switzerland, a holistic destination inspired by Asian wellness traditions that draw upon the energy of the Alps and the Bernese Oberland’s peaks and pastures.
The Alpina Gstaad has been ahead of the curve in sustainable practice. Indigenous wood and stone, local craftspeople and recycled materials were used in the property’s construction. The Alpina Gstaad strives to do its part in every detail for responsible conduct in energy. The property employs a mix of ecological power, and reduces yearly consumption through hydroelectric strategies, central heating generated from the Saanen community plant fueled by wood chips, sensor-driven air conditioning and heating systems and pools partially heated with reclaimed energy.
- Alpina uses excellent and reliable local hiking and skiing guides.
- Fruits, vegetables and milk are bought locally, and the meat is from the local butcher.
- Local companies did all the hotel woodwork and made all the carpets and curtains.
- The whole hotel is energy efficient, using renewable energy from hydro, solar and wood chips, smart systems and appliances, and reclaimed energy from freezers and refrigerators to heat its pools.
- Rainwater harvesting from the various buildings and its retention in a storage basin built at the Resort. This basin allows water to be stored for the landscaped areas of the Resort.
- To ensure that the basin has water throughout the year, there is a connection with the natural lake on the property, which pumps whenever necessary.
- The resort’s hot water distribution network is thermally isolated, helping to reduce running water waste.
56 rooms & suites
Two 1-star Michel Star Restaurants
Six Senses Spa
Indoor Swimming Pool
Outdoor Swimming Pool
Skiing & Snowboarding
You can fly to Geneva Airport, only 2 hours away from The Alpina Gstaad by car, or alternatively land in Zurich Airport (2.5 hours drive).
Gstaad has a continental climate prevailing. It is warm in the summer and cold in the winter. The average annual temperature for Gstaad is 13°C with cold winters and warm summers.
The ski season is normally from mid-November to April.
Good to Know
Inspired by Asian traditions and drawing its energy from the Alpine heart of the Bernese Oberland, this unique oasis of serenity offers world-renowned treatments designed to indulge the senses. The indoor and outdoor pools and the unique treatments round off a plethora of spa services that are recognized far beyond the borders of Switzerland.