7th Room at Treehotel
Living up among the tall trees in the pine forest of Northern Sweden has never been so easy. Gaze out at Sweden’s spectacular nature from up in the Mirrorcube or the UFO. Watch the Northern Lights illuminate the sky above you and your snowmobile, or take a family fishing trip and learn all about the berries you pick up along the way. One thing’s for sure at the Treehotel, you’ll be inspired by your surroundings and experiences. Treehotel is the perfect place to experience the northern lights phenomenon.
The Blue Cone
Restaurant & Bar
- The tree rooms all have good insulation and are warmed up by underfloor heating. The electricity is supplied locally from green hydroelectric power. And the lighting consists of low-energy LED-systems.
- Each room has a modern, environmentally friendly combustion toilet where everything is incinerated at 600 °C. The toilets are completely odourless and powered by electricity.
- The treerooms have been built in the natural forest while hardly affecting the surroundings. The team chose material and construction techniques that make as little environmental impact as possible. No tree is chopped down or completely destructed while building, and they partner mostly with local construction companies.
- Eco outdoor wood floor, which doesn´t contain any chemical substances. The wood is heated to over 200 degrees, which triggers their intrinsic resistance to protect against destruction.
- Bathrooms have water-efficient sinks with running water sufficient for washing hands, face and brushing teeth. All wastewater is collected in a container that is emptied daily. Showers are located in a separate building.
The highest average temperature in Harads is 20°C in July and the lowest is -13°C in January.
Good to Know
The founder Britta’s love for Harads drove her into working with provincial development. One thing led to another and since 2004 Britta has run Treehotel Guesthouse. Now Britta is happily retired but still a co-owner and a part of Treehotel’s future plans.
Food & Wine
Taste the season’s flavors and find delight in a range of dining activities. Choose a candle lit dinner under the stars on a frozen lake, or a three-course dinner 10 meters high up in a tree.
We recommend taking the train to Treehotel. The closest train station is Boden C about 35 minutes from Treehotel.
Otherwise you can take a flight from Stockholm to Luleå (LLA). The flight takes 70 minutes and it is several departures every day by SAS and Norwegian. Tree organizes transfer from Luleå airport to Treehotel. The transfer time from Luleå to Treehotel is about 1h10 min.